The Shadow on Fallcrest
The Rod of Ruin
THE ROD OF RUIN
Weapon: The Rod of Ruin is a +1 Quarterstaff, which functions as a staff, wand or rod for implement purposes.
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 necrotic damage
- You have no desire to rid yourself of the weapon.
- You will not willingly allow anyone else to hold or take the weapon.
- Any power of the character wielding the Rod of Ruin that uses necrotic energy does +2 on any damage rolls.
- When using a healing surge on yourself, you gain -2 hit points on the healing surge.
- You take a -2 penalty to Heal and Endurance checks.
- You can speak and understand the Abyssal language and read the Barazhad script.
- The Rod grants an item bonus to Arcana, Religion or History checks related to Orcus and the Shadowfell of +2.
Tendrils of Death (Encounter ♦ Arcane, Implement, Necrotic): Standard Action. You can fire a beam of necrotic energy from the Rod. Make a ranged basic attack versus Fortitude with the weapon against a target within 5 squares of you. A hit deals 2d6 + 5 necrotic damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends).
Decaying Ray (Encounter ♦ Necrotic): Standard Action. Make a ranged basic attack versus Fortitude with the weapon against a target within 5 squares of you. All damage dealt by this attack is necrotic damage and the target is weakened (save ends).
Touch of Ruin (Daily ♦ Necrotic): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. Deal ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends).